Business Development Officer – New York
Reporting to the CEO North America
Carne Group (“Carne”) is a leading global provider of Outsourced Fund Management Solutions to the asset management industry. Our services include third-party UCITS Management Companies (Irish and Lux), third-party AIFMs (Ireland, Lux, and Jersey), and Fund Platforms (Irish and Lux) as well as Independent Directors and other related services for European, Channel Islands, Cayman and U.S. regulated and unregulated funds.
As part of its plan to further establish the firm and its’ brand in the U.S. market, Carne is expanding its team in New York City. One of the additions to the team will be a business development officer who will be capable of sourcing and developing additional business within the U.S. market.
The key areas of the responsibility of the successful candidate will be to:
- Develop further Carne’s extensive professional network consisting of relevant personnel from successful asset managers (traditional and non-traditional), fund administrators, law firms, placement agents, prime brokers, and other service providers engaged in the asset management industry.
- Develop and deliver client presentations and proposals in conjunction with Carne specialists located in various jurisdictions around the world.
- Execute targeted direct sales campaigns, which may involve roadshows and direct calling campaigns.
- Document all lead generation and sales activities within SafesForce CRM system, ensuring that the sales pipeline can be tracked and that the information can be leveraged across the Group as appropriate.
- Develop a repository of Market Intelligence on business opportunities and competitors.
Candidates should have 3-5 years of relevant prior experience in business development with a firm or firms servicing the asset management industry and:
- Have a proven ability to establish and develop excellent relationships with clients, prospects, and referral sources;
- Possess excellent verbal and written skills and an aptitude for presenting complex ideas and key messages effectively;
- Have an in-depth knowledge of our industry
- Exhibit high attention to detail, solid analytical skills, and excellent project management skills;
- Be a team player who is flexible, has a positive outlook, and is easy to work with;
- Have a track record of managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, always delivering on time and within the prescribed parameters;
- Have an entrepreneurial mind set with an interest in working within a dynamic environment marked by significant growth and change.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with relevant experience.
Should you wish to apply for this opportunity please email your resume, in strictest confidence to email@example.com