Carne Global Fund Managers (Luxembourg) is looking for a dynamic professional to join the Company!
Carne is the premier global provider of Fund Management Solutions to the asset management industry. Carne’s comprehensive solutions include European Management Companies, Fund Platforms, Independent Fund Directorships and other Fiduciary services. With a large team of industry specialists, Carne serves in excess of four hundred traditional and alternative asset management clients from key fund jurisdictions and financial hubs including Dublin, Luxembourg, Zurich, London, New York and the Cayman and Channel Islands.
For our Luxembourg based UCITS Management Company and AIFM we are currently recruiting for a Risk Manager
Main Duties will include:
- Manage the regular risk management and investment compliance monitoring checks
- Develop, implement and maintain the Risk Management Process (“RMP”) for UCITS and AIF
- Implement the risk management and investment compliance monitoring processes with the service providers
- Monitor and constantly improve risk management procedures and policies
- Ensure Risk reporting to the Senior Management and Board of Directors of the Management Company and to the Board of Directors of funds
- Ensure Risk reporting to the regulatory authorities, as required, ensuring deadlines are met
- Participate to funds’ Board meetings and present the risk report to the Board of Directors
- Support the Valuation Committee to establish, document and monitor valuation procedures and pricing decisions
- Liaise with fund’s stakeholders such as investment managers, administrators, auditors, etc.
- Assist in the oversight of the delegates and service providers (e.g. investment managers, risk service providers, etc.) including attendance at regular service review calls and due diligence visits
- Participate to client on-boarding and other projects
- Report to the Conducting Officer in charge of the risk management function
Skills and experience:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in risk management and investment compliance for UCITS and AIFs
- Excellent knowledge of the Luxembourg AIFM and UCITS legal & regulatory framework, in particular with regard to the risk management requirements
- Experience in the Private Equity and/or Real Estate business would be an advantage
- Energetic and solutions based team player who is willing to help and support colleagues
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Creative and pragmatic in the approach and capable of meeting Clients needs
- Good communication and analytic skills as well as ability to manage projects
- Excellent PC skills and knowledge of risk systems for UCITS and/or AIF
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of German and/or French would be considered as an advantage
If you wish to discuss this position further please email your CV in the strictest confidence to email@example.com.