Carne Global Financial Services is looking for dynamic professionals to join the Company!
Carne is the premier global provider of Fund Management Solutions to the asset management industry. Carne’s comprehensive solutions include European Management Companies, Fund Platforms, Independent Fund Directorships and other Fiduciary services. With a large team of industry specialists, Carne serves in excess of four hundred traditional and alternative asset management clients from key fund jurisdictions and financial hubs including Dublin, Luxembourg, Zurich, London, New York and the Cayman and Channel Islands.
We are currently recruiting for an Oversight Professional.
The primary role of the position is to perform on-going oversight of a number of client funds in order to ensure that they continue to be managed in line with all of their legal, regulatory and fiduciary requirements and to generate regular and exception based reporting for each Fund Board to enable its Directors to fulfil their governance obligations.
- Participate in the initial and on-going due diligence of delegates to ensure that all delegates continue to operate and perform in line with regulatory requirements and in accordance with best practice standards
- Assist administrators with the preparation and review of interim and year-end Financial Statements and respond and resolve auditor queries to ensure accounts are approved by Fund Boards and filed within relevant deadlines
- Project manage the initial and ongoing distribution and registration requirements of our client funds
- Ensure all funds have up to date policies and procedures that reflect on-going regulatory developments and any other requirements as determined by the Fund Boards
- Review regular reporting received from each of the fund delegates and determine appropriate actions to address any issues as they arise
- Generate exceptional and regular Board reporting to inform Directors on the extent of the Fund’s compliance with all of its legal, regulatory and fiduciary obligations and to highlight any issues that may require consideration by the Board
- Ensure that any actions raised at Board Meetings are subsequently progressed and resolved in a timely manner and to the Board’s satisfaction
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with all fund delegates (i.e. investment managers, administrators, depositories etc.) to ensure strong lines of communication at all times
- Support the on-boarding of new clients by participating and contributing to the preparation of fund policies and procedures and other launch related documentation.
Previous Experience (In at least one of the following)
- Experience in a similar role which primarily involved oversight of UCITS and/or AIFMD compliant funds
- Has gained good operational experience within a depository/custodian environment
- Previously worked in a Fund Administrator in a fund accounting, valuation, compliance, depository or transfer agency role.
- Has attained good exposure to the operations of the middle and back office functions of an investment manager
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Achieved a recognised professional or third level qualification that is relevant to the role
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Has the ability to work either independently and/or as part of a team.
- Demonstrates initiative in resolving problems once they arise
- Has an awareness of the regulatory requirements for UCITS and AIFMD compliant funds
- At least 5+ years of relevant industry experience in a funds service or funds management organization
Please e-mail your CV in strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.